Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day - My mind is swirling with thoughts....sorry if this is a bit incoherent...

I'm thankful for my mom, who gave so much to make sure I was well-taken care of. Who loved me through my awkward stage. (I'm still in it.) :-) Who never failed to brag on me among her friends. Who encourages me to do big things. Who loves me in spite of who I am. I love you, Mom.

I'm thankful for my mother-in-law, who is like a second mom to me. What a blessing to have such a great role model and friend who lives close by. (...not to mention the quality free baby-sitting.) :-) I love you, Sara.

It's my first Mother's Day since Cupcake came home. I am thankful that she is finally home. I am honored and frightened that God chose me to be her mom. I am thrilled to see Cupcake growing and becoming a regular regulated child. I am saddened to see that she still has such a long way to go before her trust in me is full.

I am thankful for all my sweet children. For Sugar, who spent the afternoon cleaning the basement just to please me. For Sunshine, my little boy who is now taller than me, who hugs me when I need it! For TE, who runs a mean Powerpoint at church, who is growing up to be a fine young man.

I'm thankful for my husband. I could not live without you. You are my knight in shining armor, who rides up on a white horse. You protect me from bugs and fix broken things. You encourage me to keep on keeping on. I love you, Babe.

And my prayers...my heart is all over the place today...

I'm praying for a young woman who lives in Guatemala. I wonder if she spent some time today wondering where her little girl with the curly hair is and if she's okay. I wonder if she feels her loss, or if she is numb to the pain. And I'm praying for my little girl, who is trying to figure out the puzzle of her life and where "tummy mommy" fits in.

I'm praying for all those who have lost their moms and Mother's Day is painful.

I'm praying for those who want desperately to be a mom and are losing hope.

I'm praying for those moms who have very sick kids and those that had very sick kids.

I'm praying for the moms who regret their "choice" to end their baby's life... and those who don't regret it yet.

I'm praying for those brave women who are valiantly fighting to bring their kids home in spite of incredible mountains of difficulty.

...And so many more....

On a more mundane note....

We had a pretty nice day. I woke up to cards and gifts - chocolate and jewelry. You can't beat that. Then we worshiped as a family. We had Daddy's parents over for lunch, followed by a relaxing afternoon. I planted some flowers. Cupcake had a knock-down/drag-out fit. Cupcake recovered from her fit. Then Daddy and I recovered from her fit. PHEW! We had a quiet evening and I enjoyed my newly clean basement.

I'd like to leave you with a precious peak into my dining room before lunch. Cupcake had the job of folding the napkins and setting them on the plates. This is what I found when I went to check on her....


After the work was done...



Blessings to you,
Mamita

No comments: