Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Please Join With Me...

May 18, 2005

Four years ago, yesterday, my friend ManyBlessings made a commitment to these two beautiful kids. We'll call them Soccerboy and Princess.



ManyBlessings and her husband hoped and dreamed of bringing these kids home in a few months. Four years later, they are still waiting.

ManyBlessings was a gift from God to me when Cupcake's case went to abandonment. She had gone before me and knew firsthand the very real dangers that abandonment held. She cheered me up and cheered me on. I honestly don't know if I could have survived without this sister-in-Christ who understood my heart and the very deep waters we walked through.

Soccerboy and Princess grabbed my heart from the very first time I saw them. They are precious and deserve to have a family - this family. ManyBlessings has had the hardest roller-coaster ride of anyone I know. I can't tell you how many times the rug was pulled out and all hope was lost.

And yet, hope lived.

Even though adoptions are closed in Guatemala, ManyBlessings and her husband proved to the new government that they loved these kids and had already bonded with them. The adoption was allowed to proceed under new rules (which are probably still being ironed out). They are currently waiting to be called to Guatemala where they will spend time with the kids and the government will do something like a homestudy on them while in country.

Please join with me in praying for Soccerboy and Princess, as well as ManyBlessings, her husband, and the four sisters and a brother waiting at home.

I can't wait to announce the homecoming someday. All heaven will be rejoicing - and a whole bunch of us here on earth, too!

Blessings to you,
Mamita

1 comment:

DFNY said...

Thanks for the update on ManyBlessings' struggles and the current status of their case. I, too, will celebrate the homecoming of Princess and Soccerboy. I just pray it's soon, very soon.

Damaris