Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Non-Update

Tuesday afternoon, I finally got through to PGN. I nearly have a repetitive motion thumb injury from dialing the number so many times. I gave her the case number, and I was expecting her to tell me we had been approved and were waiting to exit. Then I was going to ask her what the hold-up could be.

Instead...she said we were on the 2nd reviewer's desk. That's two steps backward from where I thought we were! Okay... so I reason that the computer system has not yet been updated. That does happen pretty often. So, I can't really ask what the hold-up is. I politely say thank-you and good-bye. I calmly call Daddy S to tell him that I have no information to share, since the computers don't reflect reality yet, then shoot an email to our agency. Then I drive TE to class and then on to Wal-Mart.

Too much time in the car is a bad thing when your imagination is running wild.

By the time I reached Wal-Mart, I was a basket case. I walked through the store in a nauseous daze. I was literally sick to my stomach. You cannot imagine all the scenarios that ran through my feeble mind. (Well, some of you might be able to...)

Anyway, by the time I got home, there was a cheery email from our agency reassuring me that our facilitator double-checked and promised we were approved. The computers at PGN were just not up-to-date.

On Monday, he picked up a file for a couple that is about 5 days ahead of us, so he is hoping it will be at the window tomorrow (Friday).

I'm back to being somewhat emotionally stable. I think I can even wait until Monday if I need to. But don't hold me to that. ;-D

No comments: