Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Anticipation



I can't help singing the old ketchup commercial (rather, the old Carly Simon song):

An-ti-ci-pa-tion, an-ti-ci-pa-tion
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me wa-a-a-a-a-aitin'


Tick-Tock - Tick-Tock - Tick-Tock

Breathe in - Breathe out

Check the email.

...How about now?

Tick-Tock - Tick-Tock - Tick-Tock

Breathe in - Breathe out

Check the email again.

...And so it goes.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't distracted - highly distracted. I've been trying to keep busy and do things to take my mind off the anticipated email.

Sometimes I can go for moments without the urge to check. :-)

This is a good anticipation. In the past, during these times of waiting for a particular something, I've had hope mingled with fear, dread, and uncertainty. This time the wait is all good. I can't wait to call for plane tickets and hotel rooms. I can't wait to hold my Cupcake again. I can't wait to see the beautiful people and scenery of Guatemala. I can't wait to walk into that embassy and promise my love for her. I can't wait to feel the plane take off from La Aurora airport with my daughter at my side. I can't wait to walk through the front door as a family of 6.

Something happened today to make this wait a little sweeter...

The kids and I went to a picnic. I put Daddy on "email duty", grabbed my cell phone and headed out the door. This was an end of year picnic for a homeschool group that my kids participate in. My two best friends are also part of this group. Well, near the end of the day, everyone starts moving toward the table where I was sitting. All of a sudden, one of my friends says, "Mamita, we have something for you - from all of us." Everyone starts clapping. For me? They had taken up a collection for us as a way of celebrating with us! They all signed a card for us wishing us well. I started crying right there. That touched my heart deeply. Some of the folks, we know well, but others I just met today. It was humbling and encouraging that so many people would care and would want to come along side us. Several of the adoptive moms came up afterward and shared their stories and cheered me on.

So, thank you to all for your kindness and generosity. And K and D, I love you guys with all my heart. What would I do without you?

We did receive an email today from our agency. Cupcake went to the US Embassy yesterday for her required medical exam. YEAH! One step closer!

Blessings to you,
Mamita

1 comment:

Dawn said...

On pins and needles over here for you!! I know that excitement you're feeling and I'm so happy you are over there pacing!!!!!! :D
d