Friday, April 18, 2008

Movers and Shakers

That's my man! My hero, my friend, my partner, my husband. (He's the one in the middle.)


Yesterday, Daddy came home from work all smiles. Daddy is an Engineering Manager for a large company. He was busy working at his desk. Up walk 3 men - movers and shakers...his boss, the Chief Engineer of St. Louis operations, and the head of Electrical Engineering in St. Louis. He was recipient of the Chief Engineer Award. They only give out one of these per month for all of St. Louis Operations (thousands of employees). So, I guess you could say he got the "Employee of the Month" award.

It's nice to be recognized and honored for what you do. Daddy does everything he does with excellence. He works hard. He does things right. And he does it all with honor and integrity. I'm so proud of him.

And speaking of movers and shakers....

We felt the earthquake! That is the first time I've ever felt one, that I can remember. The windows were rattling and the bed was shaking. The wild thing is: it woke up our kids. All three of these kids could sleep through a tornado...I kid you not. We've had wild thunderstorms that they were completely oblivious to. A little rattling and shaking and all three were up in a heartbeat, adrenaline pumping. I'm thinking about buying some "earthquake in a can" so I can get them up for school in the morning. :-)

Blessings to you,
Mamita

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I guess feeling "the earth shake" on Thurs was a delayed reaction from your finally being OUT of PGN this week! Congratulations once again. How wonderful to know that your angel will soon be home with her forever family.

Much love,
Damaris

Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We have a couple of engineers in our family too!!