Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rough News Day

Besides the fact that we've had no news... :-(

Two things happened yesterday/today that are heavy on my heart.

First of all, some very dear friends that are native Guatemalans (E___ and N___) have suffered a terrible loss. Yesterday, we found out that E___'s father went missing last week. They feared foul play. This morning, we heard the worst news possible. They found his body....murdered. This is a precious Christian family. They are the kindest, most gentle people I know. And this isn't the first time violence has touched their lives. When N___ was 8, she witnessed the murder of her own father at the hand of government thugs. I can't imagine the pain they are going through. My heart is breaking for them. May God give them the peace and comfort that only He can give.

And then...a dear friend who is on this adoption journey with me has been matched with 2 children with long, drawn-out, difficult cases. She found out yesterday that her oldest will be kicked out of PGN in about 2 weeks. I can't describe what this information does to a hopeful mom's heart, but I can tell you it's a kick in the gut.

And the news was worse on the younger child...Long story, short... Almost a year ago, they literally lost her. A judge ordered her to be moved to an undisclosed orphanage. After months of searching, private investigators, etc...A miracle happened! They located her about a month ago! She was doing well in a wonderful Christian orphanage. Things were falling into place, even though adoptions are still closed in Guatemala, there was a lot of reason to hope. Well, yesterday, she got word that a judge ordered her to be moved to another undisclosed orphanage. They have literally lost her again. It is so discouraging.

So, there you have it. When my friends are hurting, I'm hurting.

With heartfelt tears,
Mamita

1 comment:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Oh my goodness, please Lord comfort all of these precious people!!! I am hurting for all of them.