Friday, May 2, 2008

WAAAAA!!! ANTICIPATION STINKS!!!

We're heading into another weekend. :-( Boo hoo hoo! :-(

We really thought we'd get the coveted email on Tuesday. (That was 4 days. The average lately has been 4 days.)

Then we really thought Wednesday. (But our minds were occupied with all the other news.)

Then we were sure Thursday was our day. (Last night at 9:00, I discovered that the Embassy was closed for a holiday. Can you guess which one? ...Guatemalan Labor Day aka May Day.)

I say, "MAY DAY! MAY DAY! WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE RESCUE MY DAUGHTER FROM THIS HORRIBLE BUREAUCRACY!)

So we put all our eggs into today's basket. (It's looking less and less likely every minute.)

So, here we are facing another weekend with no word. They are giving out appointments for May 9th today. That was the perfect day in my mind. It's Mother's Day weekend. We could go down Thursday, Embassy Friday, spend the weekend in Antigua, pick up the visa Monday and fly home Tuesday.

Oh well. :-(

PS. I am not psychotic! All adoptive parents are like this!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I keep trying not to bug you because I know what a killer that wait is, but please know that I am stalking my email and this blog. ;)

And a big "DARN IT" from me.
d

Gayle said...

Hang in there! I know the wait is heavy but you are right around the corner. I am praying for you and ctalking the LRH for your good news. Hope to celebrate it soon!
Gayle