Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Positive Words - Day 4

Sunday was smooth sailing, except for some little glitches before church.  We'll call them the "Biscuit Incident" and "Snarky Girls".  It's amazing how little things can make the stress level go from 0 to 60 in a millisecond.  But I think I held my tongue.

After my epic fail Saturday, I spent the day very angry with myself and pretty angry with my daughter.  I was a miserable piece of cheese. 

In the late afternnon, I had a thought...."What if she loses her hearing and what I said is the last thing she ever hears me say?"

It turned my heart around in an instant.  Confessions, apologies and hugs followed.

So, tonight, I ask you, "What if your child went deaf, and the last thing you said to her is the last thing she ever heard?"

Blessings to you,
Mamita

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

Today, I am ok- yesterday not so much so. Between Hope and my husband, nice words were few and far between.