Saturday, April 30, 2011

Excuses

It's been a little bit of a rough week for Cupcake.  She had a bad night on Wednesday, and consequently woke up Thursday still in a funk.  She kept telling me that she couldn't do PE or recess because her back hurt.  She begged me to write a note so she could skip those.  So, I dug deeper, asking what they were doing in PE, who did she plan on playing with at recess, and other probing questions.  She didn't want to answer, just insisted on my writing a note.  When I told her I couldn't do that, she resorted to this:


I realize this is hard to see, so I'll spell it out for you.  

"Cupcake bak hos and she cat play at wesa"

Translated into English, it says, "Cupcake's back hurts and she can't play at recess.


It was worth a try.  :-)

Blessings to you,
Mamita

PS.  Later on, when I asked her what was wrong with her back, she answered, "I think it's sad."  Probably closer to the truth than we know.

2 comments:

Kim said...

WOW - poor girl...cute note though...need to save that one forever!!!

Laurie said...

Awe!! Her back was sad! I know someone who has a sad back--it's not fun ;) {(HUGS)}