Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Some Bloggy Fun and a Little Update

Well, I've been tagged by my dear friend, ManyBlessings, over at A Life Outside the Box. You should check out her blog. She's not only a good friend, but a fantastic writer.

So, these are the rules of tag:
  • Link the person who sent this and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours.
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself.
  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link their blog. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So, here are my seven weird facts...

  1. When I was a kid, my eye teeth came in above my regular teeth. I looked like a vampire child. (This is also one of my dental horror stories.)
  2. I'm scared of balloons popping. I really, really hate it. I cried when that was the party game. And my college roommate used to chase me with balloons for the fun of it. You know who you are, and I've forgiven you. ;-)
  3. I can't walk away from a puzzle until it's done. It's a sickness.
  4. I was engaged to Mr. Wrong-for-me when I met Daddy S. He was, and still is, my knight in shining armor.
  5. The best job I ever had (besides being a mom) was driving an Ice Cream Truck. It was also the worst paying job. Some days I was lucky if I came home with $10 after 9 hours in the truck. But where else can you make kids happy all day long? And no one EVER left my truck empty handed. In fact, that's why I never made any money.
  6. Okay, don't laugh...I homeschool, and every time I bring out the Grammar books, I do my best MC Hammer impression and say, "It's Grammar time!" The kids roll their eyes. I'm such a geek.
  7. Two songs that got way too much play time on my record player (yes, record player) are Tony DeFranco's "Heartbeat (It's a Love Beat)" and the Bay City Rollers "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night".
Since I'm new to blogging, I don't have 7 friends yet (or the ones I do have have already been tagged), so I choose these three adoption buddies...Gayle, Tracy, and, Lori. A special congratulations goes out to Gayle, who will soon be traveling to get their handsome little guy! Go check out their blogs.


And now for the update....


Apparently, some of the "facts" from my last post are already slipping into the rumor category. I believe there is only one entity that is recognized as the true Central Authority. And I've heard that they are open for business. Our facilitator will try to apply for registration by tomorrow. They have not yet begun to output the "proof of registration" papers that are needed to enter PGN, but they are at least accepting applications...we think. So keep praying, and we'll keep holding on.

Blessings to you,
Mamita J

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Hahahahaha! I had NO idea! And ditto on the balloons. Ugh. ;)
d

Deb said...

I was so in love with the Bay City Rollers when I was younger. Seeing you write that was such a flash back. I played their records all day long and drove my sister up the wall.

Love to you,
Deb

Lori said...

Thanks for the Tag! I will be working on it soon!!

Tracy said...

Thanks for tagging me! I needed new material on my blog :) Now everyone will know I'm a complete head case!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Oh my goodness, I just found your blog! I am begging God for a miracle so you can bring your BEAUTIFUL Cupcake home!!!! Are you the strongest person ever??!!! I am so amazed that you have not lost it by now. We are adopting one (maybe two...long story) little girl from Guatemala. I miss them terribly!! I am praying for you tonight!!

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
www.thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com