Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cupcake-ism

A little background information for you: Cupcake was in speech therapy near the end of school this year. She is still having trouble with a few sounds she should have by now, most notably the "K" sound. She generally substitutes a "T" sound where the "K" should be.

So, the other day, I had the girls with me at JiffyLube. While we were waiting, Cupcake said something about "stool" when she meant "school".

Sugar says, "Skool. Can you say s-k-ool?"

"S-t-ool."

"Just say 'cool'. Can you say, 'k-ool'?"

We tried "cup" and "candy" and worked our way to "Kit-Kat".

She finally got it at "Kit-Kat". Yeah! She said it several more times as she practiced.

I got so excited, I began to sing the Kit-Kat commercial. It should be noted that we were alone in the JiffyLube waiting room.

Give me a break.
Give me a break.
Break me off a piece of that...

At that point, I pointed to Cupcake to finish the ditty.

To which she replied, "granola bar".

Which reminds me of this...




Blessings to you,
Mamita

No comments: