Saturday, August 9, 2008

Random Fun

Okay, I have a few minutes before I need to get to bed, so here goes...

TE made it back safe and sound from his mission trip. He was totally pumped about it. It was the best one so far. :-)

On the day TE got back from Shreveport, Sunshine had his 13th birthday. I can't believe I'm even typing this! How can it be? Where do the years go? We took our family and two of Sunshine's best friends to the local putt-putt/go-cart place. We had a blast.


Birthday Boy




Cupcake has a need for speed ;-)
TE is my safe driver




Look out Tiger Woods

After we played 18 holes of putt-putt, we rode the bumper boats. Cupcake got to ride with TE, and she had control of the water gun. It was a riot. She has good aim.

Then we rode the fast go-carts. I've never heard Cupcake laugh so heartily before. She LOVED it. The faster, the better. We're going to have to tame that tiger before she gets into her teen years.

We had one ticket left, so we let Cupcake ride the kiddie-carts. The attendant let Sugar ride, since no one was in line. Now, Cupcake has never even steered a trike before, and of course, she didn't really understand the rules, since he spoke English. All the while I'm translating the instructions, she's saying, "GO! GO!" As soon as I got outside the gate, she guns it right into the wall - well, as much as a kiddie-cart can be gunned. It was a very good lesson in why we have to wear seat belts, and why they have to be tight. The rest of the ride, the attendant rode with her and steered - for everyone's safety.

After that wild ride, we all went home and Sunshine had his friends sleep over. It was a successful birthday by all counts.


In other news...Cupcake also enjoys the thrill of the swings...


One of the unforeseen difficulties we have with Cupcake is what I call "rolling blackouts". No - she doesn't lose energy - EVER. I'm talking about when we carry her, if I haven't sufficiently pulled all of her hair back, I literally CANNOT see around her hair! It's nothing but a black wall in front of my face. Just something to think about....



In yet other news, Sugar made some goop. Here is the record setting bubble...

I have more to talk about, but I need my beauty sleep.

Blessings to you,
Mamita

No comments: