Now summer is coming to an end...
I guess I have some catching up to do, huh?
Let's see...what happened in the past 4 months?
- Tim turned 21. The kids and I road-tripped down to Rolla to see him for lunch.
- Cupcake had a strings concert at the end of the school year. The kids sounded great.
- The majority of our summer was consumed with Steve's parents' move. They sold their house (5 minutes away), had an estate sale, and moved to a nice apartment (15 minutes away). They are still getting settled. Steve's dad has not had much mental improvement since coming home from the hospital after his aneurysm. This move has been hard on him, since all of the visual prompts and daily routines have been disrupted. It's been hard on her because she was the one responsible for all the decisions, for packing everything up, and for sorting through all their stuff - choosing the most meaningful possessions from a lifetime of meaningful experiences. Tough stuff. :-(
- Tim got a summer internship with AT&T. He likes the job and his boss. Driving downtown every day, not so much.
- Luke and Sugar went to Super Summer (Church Camp) in Hannibal, MO in June.
- We had Luke's Eagle Court of Honor.
- Steve and I celebrated our 26th anniversary on June 27th with dinner and a Glock. Not the traditional anniversary celebration, but it was fun.
- We drove up to my hometown to see my brother and his family and take care of Mom's estate. We're still not done with that...it might drag on a L-O-N-G time.
- My college roommate and her family from Scottsdale, AZ came to visit for a few days. The kids hadn't seen each other in over 5 years, but they immediately jumped in and had fun together. First, there was the airsoft war...
We had lots of other fun, but no pictures to prove it.
It was a great visit!
- Our old neighbors swung through town twice and the girls got to see their dear friends again.
- I (Well, we really. I had some help.) stripped the wallpaper in my kitchen and painted it a fresh, new green. Yeah!
- We met my other college roommate (a childhood friend) and her family and another college friend for dinner while they were in town. It was great to see everyone.
- Cupcake went for a week to her first sleep-away camp (Centri-Kid) ever! Steve also went as a chaperone for the boys - just in case, but he was not needed (by Cupcake). She had a great and successful week! (Still looking for the pictures from this.)
- Tim jumped out of a plane and lived to tell about it!
- Sugar has decided that she wants to go to public high school, so after much dragging of the feet on my part, she is just now enrolled in the local school. I think she will do very well there, but I will miss her at home.
- Luke continues to play in the Youth Praise Band. He also rotates in to the Sunday Morning Worship team a couple weeks a month and he is playing in another band with a mission-minded focus.
- Luke will be having eye surgery to correct his strabismus (lazy eye) at the end of August. Please pray for that.
Moving on, it's time for back-to-school and Birthday-Month-a-Palooza!
Hope to talk to you soon.
Blessings to you,