Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy "Half Your Life" Day!



March 7th is a holiday for us. It's a quiet, one-time holiday with only a casual observance.

But in my heart, I'm breathing deeply at the summit of an impossible mountain, smiling sweetly at the vista all around me. I am standing on the continental divide of Cupcake's life. I can see way off behind me, the distant lands of a distant land. Nearer are the foothills of pain and adversity, the early days of her adoption. The valleys were wrought with paralyzing fear at times. I survey the many smaller summits that we have already scaled - many of them seemed as impossible to ascend as this one.

But here we are.  One thousand seven hundred and forty-seven days.  We are today standing at the implicit peak of Cupcake's "Half Your Life" day. Starting tomorrow, she will have been longer with us than she was in Guatemala. Time and memories are now on our side.

As I look ahead into the future, I see many more summits will be coming our way.  There will be valleys, dark and gloomy. More prominently, I see the breath-taking beauty of God's handiwork. Everywhere before me, there are glorious images revealing God's tender-loving care, His redeeming nature.  In the end, it will be a beautiful picture and an amazing adventure.

For now, I'm basking in the possibilities.

Blessings to you,

Mamita

No comments: