Monday, December 31, 2007

Who is Mamita?

That's me - J.

But, you say, no one ever calls you Mamita. What's that all about?

Well, on our last visit trip to see Cupcake, she called me that. She speaks Spanish and we speak English, so communication is sketchy at best. In Spanish, if you add "ita" to a name, it's a term of endearment. If we said, "Cupcakita", it would mean, "My dear little Cupcake." She called me "Mamita"..."My dear (not so) little Mama." !!!!



I grabbed a hold of that name and wouldn't let go. We don't know how much she understands about our adoption, but I'll take any little hope that she has a vague understanding of who we are.

Blessings to you,
Mamita J

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Hola Mamita! Love the name and also love the blog. Bravo..Great job! Wonderful pics of the family. I look forward to reading the rest of your "therapy". God bless and Happy New Year!
Gayle
Bensjourneyhome.blogspot.com

Mom&Dad to A & J said...

Yeah mamita!!
Cupcake is so beautiful - I love all the new pictures from your trip.
Looking forward to keeping up.
Erin